I'm blogging at www.melaniedorsey.com . Please join me there.

Feb 7, 2009

My ONE WORD '09

ONE WORD for 2009

The clue in the post concerning my watchword or theme for 2009 is found in the picture of the bells. Notice there are two bells in the photograph. Or, one might say, “double.” The ONE WORD I felt God impressed upon me for the coming year is double.
I have begun to research the biblical passages concerning the idea or principle of “double.” In the Old Testament, especially, God often provided a double portion or double honor to His people. I don’t know why or how the word “double” will pertain to my personal story this year, but I look forward to soaring high with Him in 2009.
And I have more to share about the 5th day...

5 comments:

  1. I've a feeling 'twill prove to be profound...

    Elisha asked for a double portion of Elijah's spirit. That always strikes me as being profound when I read about it.

    Francis Frangipane teaches about impartation. That when we sit under teaching, the spirit on the teacher is imparted to the one being taught. I have found it to be true, the closer to "on fire" people I am, the more "on fire" i become...

    I just read in Matthew 25 today, the servant w/ 10 doubled his 10, and the servant w/5 doubled his 5...hmmm, what an exciting word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a thought but I need to look into it more. I just upgraded my PC Study Bible. I am going to work those search engines. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your ONE word was TWO (so to speak). Double=two. (or twice as nice).

    I hope you get double blessings this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that is a great word!!! I look forward to seeing how it applies as I know you are going share, right?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds intriguing and exciting, Mel. At the end of 2009 I'm certain you'll look back and be amazed.

    A scripture just sprang to my mind so I will share it with you:

    Isaiah 61:7 - "Instead of your [former] shame you shall have a twofold recompense; instead of dishonor and reproach [your people] shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore in their land they shall possess DOUBLE [what they had forfeited]; everlasting joy shall be theirs." (Amplified Bible)

    That's double for your trouble, girl!

    ReplyDelete