I'm blogging at www.melaniedorsey.com . Please join me there.

Feb 9, 2009

Monday Magnificat ~ The 5th Day


My Monday Magnificat ~ The 5th Day
Last week I shared what happened on February 4th, following the three days I had set aside for my Happy New Year do~over. On that fourth day, God impressed me with ONE WORD ~ Double.

And on the very next day the enemy tried to hijack my ONE WORD to this word ~ half. You see while God is into multiplying, the enemy is all about division.
Of all the nerve!


On February 5th, I returned from my morning teaching job. As I stepped into the front door, I took my glasses off and laid them on my desk. Lately I have been wearing my glasses a lot because I have not taken the time to go to the vision store and pick up new contacts.
Since I am nearsighted, I could not clearly see One Fine Man’s face when I entered the living room. He was sitting on the couch and even though I could not read his expression, I felt something was wrong. I was right.

A new challenge had presented itself that morning while I was at school teaching my Spanish classes.
In past years, I would have succumbed to fear under the threat of this kind of division (the half). But we have been through some things…and God is Good.
One Fine Man and I talked and agreed that fear would have no place as we faced this newest challenge (opportunity for further growth), instead we would continue to trust God, overcome fear with faith and stay on our journey.

Those of you who left comments on my ONE WORD post, have blessed me with your insight. Thank you for that. I am searching God’s Word and seeking Him for ways in which I can be a double blessing to those in my circle of influence. You may remember that on the last day of 2008, I wrote about getting out of my circle of ease! It was a fun post & vlog for me to do. I enjoyed it doubly because One Fine Man had a hand in it!
I plan to do more of those…though not on skis for awhile!

I can truly say I am leaving my circle of ease one step at a time. I am moving upward and onward. While reading this week, I was drawn to this statement: If you want to move up, that will inevitably mean doing something new (author, Shaunti Feldhahn).


As I move up I declare I will:

choose faith over fear

seek God and His wisdom

love my husband like no one else

and

double
_____________________ (I’m leaving this one for God to fill in.)

My Monday Magnificat? When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him (Isaiah 59:19). For this I utter my praise!


Magnificat ~ an utterance of praise from the Latin magnificare ~ to magnify.

9 comments:

  1. Melanie--As we're moving up, challenges will inevitably come our way. Praying God will see you through victoriously.

    One of my good friends always says that an attack is evidence we are doing good.

    On a side note, I was just thinking how I wanted to be a double blessing to my children instead of a double portion of something...know what I mean? That's what double speaks to me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, super thanks for the scripture you left for me today. That was, indeed, a double blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE? Perfect love casts out all fear. Usually what hinders me is fear, but it's because I'm lacking in love!

    Great post! Always so challenging. You are beautiful! Wish you would have been at the conference :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you are going onward and upward. It is a steep climb but your guide will not let your foot slip. Thanks for sharing your walk with us. We are blessed to hear your travels. May you always be covered by the dust of your rabbi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He sure does try to drag us down doesn't he!
    Being grounded in the word is what gives us the power we need!
    Thanks for your insights mella bella!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the verse..and yes the enemy does have a ton of nerve...but and the but is a good one is we already have the victory, even if we can't see it, hear it, feel it, taste it or touch it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quote from Shanti Feldhan. I hope all is well and so glad you chose FAITH over fear. He is always Faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can relate to your heart very clearly. My difficult situations arise I instinctively default to the "half" when God is calling me to the "double."

    Trusting Him today with your life and mine and the lives of those we love.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him (Isaiah 59:19).

    I love that verse! Since first reading your post thinking about your word double,it seemed the Lord kept giving me a word for me:
    "reduce" (I'd love it to be about the 10 lbs I'd like to lose!) I understand it to mean many opportunities to "crucify my old nature"...so here we go!

    ReplyDelete