I'm blogging at www.melaniedorsey.com . Please join me there.

Aug 19, 2009

Hanging Onto the Promise of A "Word"

In February I wrote about seeking God for a New Year do-over. You can read about it here and here. I felt that the word Double was to be my "watchword," my theme for the year. And since then I have been watching to see how the idea of Double would work its way into 2009.

In some ways it has been a very tough year for us. In fact, the tough started last November and has continued right on to August 19, 2009.
The very day after I felt impressed with the word Double, the enemy retailiated with the word Half. You can read more about that here.


And now the word he wants to shout in our ear is Zero. But I am not tempted to believe his filthy lies. I read this recently and I don't know who the originator is but I like it: "Don't doubt in the dark what God has told you in the light."


Our faith is being tested but the hope we have in the victory that God brings stands the test of time. We have already seen what God can do in the blink of an eye. In one phone call. In one answered prayer. We believe that "faith is the substance of things
hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Hebrews 11:1.


And we belive that the schemes and plots of the enemy are no match for God's plans for our good.

For "when the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him" Isaiah 59:19.


In this season of "faith, hope and wait" we enter the secret place (Matthew 6:6, 10) to align our will with the Father's, we clothe ourselves in the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness (Isaiah 61:3) and we set our faces like flint and will not be ashamed (Isaiah 50:7).
(Photo by my friend, Linda Charlene)

5 comments:

  1. Amen and amen! I'm standing with you and praying for you and yours. He can do more than we can even dream up. Yea God! We win!

    Gwyn Rosser
    @The Pink Tractor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see your faith shinning! The devil does say to us, just as he said to Eve, "Did God REALLY say that?" You keep believing and do not eat that apple! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prayed for you while I was in the Ikea store today. Shopping and praying in Orlando: )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to meet you. I hope we can share hearts and maybe even prayer together. I'm all ears to hear what you feel led to share with me.

    Glad you are standing firm in the faith. Fight on...

    ReplyDelete