I'm blogging at www.melaniedorsey.com . Please join me there.

Aug 14, 2009

Find Your Diamond ~ Best hem length

Do you know your best hem length? Stand barefoot in front of a full length mirror with heels touching and toes turned out (1st position in ballet). Unless you ARE a ballerina, you probably won't be able to turn your feet out quite like THAT!



Now, do you see the diamonds that are created in this position? Those are the most flattering hem lengths for you. And you should have at least one diamond.

Wearing your skirt or dress so that the hem is at your diamond is the most flattering, however sometimes you can fix the proportion by choosing a shoe height that is more appropriate to your hem length.

A too-long dress or skirt can give you a dowdy appearance. If you have an outfit that you generally love, yet something is not quite right, it may be that the hem length is all wrong.

Wearing a dress or skirt that is too short for you can look juvenile, or something else, especially if worn with a higher heel. However, if you do wear a shorter length for casual occassions, wear a lower heel. That may be just the fix you need for a better proportion.




Any questions, class? 'Just kidding. I'm no fashion expert. I just play one on this blog.
(photos from photobucket)

6 comments:

  1. You are too funny! I have tried on several cute dresses from the Jr. dept. They fit, but for someone my age, they just don't cut it!!! Love your fashion advice!!

    Hugs!
    Susan

    Have a recipe at my blog for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try that. But I know which hem length looks best of me already, so this will be a test to see if my diamonds agree with me.

    Did you know diamonds are a girls best friend? *Grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't see any diamond!! Not on her nor myself,,LOL....lol. I need 'help' in 'seeing' what your 'seeing'..I'm one of those that can't find the 'image' in the black dot pictures..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the 'jane of all trades'! Bible and Spanish Teacher (is it Spanish?), Decorater, fashion diva, master chef, ...I totally get your life by design:) Need to go get in position to find my diamond. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! If it works, then thank you. I will try first position when I am alone otherwise my two guys here will think I have totally lost it! Because, you see, secretely I am a ballerina wanna be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. never knew I had so many diamonds!!! i love you as the fashion queen! i think you're a natural :)

    ReplyDelete