I'm blogging at www.melaniedorsey.com . Please join me there.

Jun 25, 2009

A Woman's Woman

~My friend and partner in ministry, Alisa~







~My friend, Vikki~
~My long-time friend, LaDon~





~My friend and Bible teacher, Ruth~



~My daughter, Audra~


~My friend, missionary & photographer, Linda Charlene~


Sometimes our influence is felt more by what we don't say, what we don't do. Over the years, I have often been a listening ear to those who would unburden themselves. I consider that a high and holy privilege.

When someone chooses to be vulnerable and confide in you, it is of utmost importance that you discipline yourself to hold that confidence in trust.

You've heard the phrase, "a man's man."

It's often used to describe the kind of man other men enjoy being around. I want to be "a woman's woman" ~ the kind of woman who protects and covers the "sisters" ~ the kind of woman who keeps confidences close to the heart ~ the kind of woman who refuses to participate in gossip, foolish talk and vulgarities.


When you build up, refusing to knock down (no matter how subtly), you are a "woman's woman." When you encourage the giftings and abilities of other women, you are a "woman's woman." When you share good news, good opportunities, a good shoe sale or a good recipe, you are a "woman's woman."
Woman 2 Woman: I have been working out using the 30 Day Shred for 11 days now. See my sidebar for daily updates. Let me tell ya, if you want to firm up fast and lose inches quickly, get the 30 Day Shred. You'll thank me!

8 comments:

  1. The thought of being a woman's woman is very inspiring. For some reason women tend to tear each other down instead of build each other up. It starts so early with the "mean girls" in school. Always with the drama. I strive to be the one that builds others up and hope that rubs off on those around me. I love the term you have coined!
    On to the shred. I keep putting it off but I think I need to commit. ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true. glad you are a woman's woman and that i've met you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You encourage and inspire me...with your love of The Word of God, your discipline of the world of fitness and work-outs and your lowfat, healthy recipes. I am going to purchase the work-out plan you used, because sometimes I tire of the same work-out plan that I use. These muffins I know I will enjoy...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melanie,

    Thanks for the encouragement. I believe in being a woman's woman. Great going on the Shred. I just finished the P90X this morning, working the core...oh my...I'm fighting the middle age thing too. Tomorrow's your B day :) Hope it is special in every way. You are a joy to many in the bloggy world and I'm sure many more in person. We love you!!!!B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post!! A Woman's Woman! That's a huge step to take...but keeping focused on how Jesus would handle it keeps it in perspective. Your friends are just precious!

    Tried your Easy Peasy Cheesy Lasagna the other night! Yum!! We loved it! Thanks so much. Y'all have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing great on the Shred program, it is so hard! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treasure! That's what I thought when I saw those pictures. I think of our lives like a puzzle and God puts pieces (friends) that fit just perfectly into our lives. Without them, the puzzle wouldn't be complete! Looks like you've got incredible puzzle pieces (women) in your life!

    Also, I made black beans and rice and put turkey smoked sausage over it! YUM! I just looked at your picture and wanted to make it. And, about the muffins...I use a wheat mill/grinder and make all sorts of healthy things like, wheat rolls, muffins, pancakes, etc. I have a very similar recipe for banana muffins.

    Oh, and, way to go on your 30 day shred!!!

    And Happy Birthday - what is the actual day?

    I'm going for the longest comment in history here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melanie,

    I know how I missed your birthday...I must turn my computer on!! Happy birthday and I think I would love to spend my b-day there on Honeymoon Island too!!

    How I long to be a woman's woman too! To have heart like his beating fast. To take other women to his heart. Your family is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete