I'm blogging at www.melaniedorsey.com . Please join me there.

Jun 15, 2009

Shred Day 1 - 2 & Melissa Makes Brunch



Day One of the 30 DAY SHRED: Guitar Girl (my daughter) and I decided to start the 30 DAY SHRED this morning. She bought the DVD yesterday and we moved the coffee table out of the way first thing this morning. Guitar Girl is training for a triathlon and ran her first 10 mile loop Saturday. The last marathon (and only one) I ran was a few years ago and it was a 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles). It was a proud moment for me and I would like to do one again this fall.
So...Guitar Girl is in training for the triathlon and I am in training for living the rest of my life as flab-free as I can get while also having a life!

If you are doing the SHRED, I would love to hear how it's going for you and what your results have been.

Update for Day 2 of the SHRED: It was early and still dark when Guitar Girl poked her head in my bedroom and in a hushed tone whispered, "It's time."
"Coffee," I mumbled.
I arose, muscles begging to be left alone, donned my sports bra and running shoes, grabbed my weights and the SHRED ensued.
P.S. In addition to the sports bra and shoes, I also wore running shorts and a tank top. ;>)
~~~~~~~~~~~
At 9:00 last night I was watching The Next Food Network Star (TNFNS). "My Girl Melissa" finished in the top 3 after preparing a Mother's Day Brunch. After a bit of drama, and what seemed like jealousy on the part of another contestant, Melissa was still safe!

Melissa D. ~ stay at home "cooking" mom from TX


If "My Girl Melissa" ends up going home, then I may be cheering on Jamika.

~~~~~
Official photo & bio from http://foodnetwork.com
Jamika, 30 (Atlanta, Ga.), a certified personal chef and businesswoman, loves exploring international cuisines in the kitchen. Family, friends, and clients rave about her bold twists on traditional dishes, especially those of her Caribbean heritage. Innovative style, sassy personality, and inspiring tenacity are Jamika's key ingredients to the magic she produces in the kitchen.
View Jamica's video here.

6 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you on TNFNS. I agree totally! Now if I only had someone to shred with. I'm thinking 10 is too young! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First no sugar, and now working out? You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am going to research the Shred, and I just might take you up on it. I do the eliptical and weights in the early morning, and it is a great workout. Would be fun to have someone do it with me. As for the new cooking star...can't wait to see who gets it. My first choice is your first choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAY to go! those early ugly mornings are killers, so i'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Melanie! I am doing the P90X. My husband bought it off an informercial. It's killing me but I see results!! Trying to get rid of any flab too. We can do it! B

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in month 2 of the 30 Day Shred and just moved on to level 2. I say the Sports Bra is not optional with all the jumping jacks. : ) It's HARD but I can see the results for sure. A good work out. My 19 year old just started it too after hearing me talk about it and she's sore and thinks it's hard So la-tee-da, that makes me feel young/

    ReplyDelete