I'm blogging at www.melaniedorsey.com . Please join me there.

Nov 9, 2008

Monday Magnificat - More ME in HIM

A white-tailed deer drinks from the creek; I want to drink God, deep draughts of God. I'm thirsty for God-alive.
I wonder, "Will I make it ~ arrive and drink in God's presence?" (Psalm 42:1-2, MSG)


Lately I have been asking God for a lot of input in my endeavors. I know...that sounds like the normal way to live a Christian life. But what I mean is this: I crave God. I thirst for Him. I hunger for more Him and what I have discovered is the way to have more Him in me is to offer more me to Him. I want more than a drink...I want to wade in deep. Deep in God.


To God I want...To be more available. To be more attentive. To be more intentional.


To others I want...To be more approachable. To be more vulnerable. To be more Me in God.


You're blessed when you've worked up a good appetite for God. He's food and drink in the best meal you'll ever eat. (Matthew 5:6, MSG)


My Monday Magnificat? He is both the bread of life and the living water. For this I utter my praise.

Magnificat - an utterance of praise from the Latin magnificare - to magnify

No comments:

Post a Comment