Nov 21, 2008
1. Cheese grits - On Fridays I don't teach classes, so this morning I got to fix my favorite breakfast comfort food - cheese grits (don't even think about making instant). And to all ya'll nawthenuz, if you don't like grits, you just haven't had them fixed right!
2. A really good BOGO - Yesterday I went to Publix and bought one Hellman's Light and got the other one free! Sadly, Publix is now an enabler in my addiction to stockpiling the Hellman's. But what if I run out of Hellman's for all that leftover turkey next week and we can't make sandwiches? You tell ME, what would I do then? I get the sweats just thinking about the possibility...
3. Holiday themed kitchen towels - what can I say, I get a thrill from textiles. (I finally had to put my foot down (on a rug, no doubt) about my penchant for buying rugs - I'm serious.)
4. Christmas music! Now while I am dismayed at how Thanksgiving seems to have been totally overlooked in retail, I do love me some Elvis singing Blue Christmas.
5. Fridays off from teaching so I can clean house and catch up - Okay, truth, Fridays off from teaching so I can pretend I am going to clean house and catch up.