I'm blogging at www.melaniedorsey.com . Please join me there.

May 18, 2011

31 Days Closer to a Cuter You! Day 18 "Beauty & Her Products"



I asked my friend, Laurie, to share with us some of her favorite beauty products. 
 As you can see, she's quite the beauty herself. Laurie is a native Floridian and is a good steward of her health, and very knowlegeable in nutrition. 
In a couple of weeks she and I will be speaking at a women's event on Steps to a Healthier You. Laurie will cover the nutritional aspect and I'll be talking about fitness. 

We're meeting in a local park with views of Old Tampa Bay and after we encourage women to take steps to get healthier through nutrition and fitness, we'll all power walk through Philippe Park
 It's a beautiful park and holds special memories for me as it was the last park our family enjoyed with Andrew in the early summer of 2009. This will be my first time back since I took Andrew there to rock climb.
If you live in the area, and would like to join us, let me know and I'll get the event information to you. 

Now here's my friend, Laurie.


Like Melanie, I enjoy exercising outside for my cardio. Since I’m outside a lot while running or walking with my family and friends I wear a sunscreen (something I didn’t do growing up) to protect from those harmful rays that damage the skin and cause wrinkles and sagging.  Most sunscreens I have used in the past have made my face break out or actually sting after applying. 

The only one for my face and neck that I have used for years is Clinique City Block Sheer 25 SPF ($20). It has a slight tint to make my complexion a little more even, and still let’s me get a little color on my face. If you want more protection it is available at 30SPF and 40SPF.

   
Clinique City Block


Two other beauty products to help reverse or slow the aging process are Boots No. 7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum and Boots No. 7 Total Renewal Regeneration Totale Micro-dermabrasion Exfoliator.  
 (What a name…are you impressed yet?) 

No. 7 Beauty Serum

They are both available at Target for reasonable prices (a plus in my book!) and have had visible results. The beauty serum ($22.99) is very light to wear and the results came after the first bottle by making my skin a little smoother and a little more resilient than what it was before.

No. 7 Exfoliator


My skin, as it ages, has shown more enlarged pores than I would like to admit, but the exfoliator ($14.99) twice a week has done wonders for them. Rub your face and neck for one minute (possibly while in the shower) and then rinse well. It leaves the skin feeling smooth and silky (sounds like a commercial) and after about a month the enlarged pores should start reducing in size. I like using it at night and then apply an all natural organic moisturizer to let it work all night.



The combination of beauty serum, exfoliator, and a good skin care system is how I try to slow the aging process that we all dread. We don’t need to look in our twenties anymore, but looking younger than we actually are is a good start.  



But I have saved the best possible beauty tip for last... It is free and you always have it with you. 

No matter what age you are and no matter what your skin looks like, a sincere smile is the best beauty improvement you can make, especially when it comes from a heart full of love, a love of Jesus and a love from Jesus. You can be a “cuter you” instantly with a big smile!


Thanks, Laurie!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the guest post, Melanie, and you are very kind in your words...My beautiful dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are both gorgeous! Thanks for sharing these tips. I haven't used ANY of these products and I love me some TARGET!

    Bless you!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete