1. What is your life slogan / verse / motto?
My motto for life used to be this quote by John Maxwell, "Change is inevitable; growth is optional."
However, since my son's diagnosis of brain cancer and subsequent homegoing, my life slogan is this: "Life is hard. Look to Jesus."
2. What one piece of advice would you give to your "younger" self if you could?
Figure out who you really are, get very comfortable with that and then go and BE YOU. In doing that, you will invite others to really BE themselves, too.
3. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
The discipline of writing
The opportunity to process my life
Making connections with others
4. Do you have any dreams that have been on the back-burner that you still would like to achieve?
I have a couple of areas in which I would like to be certified.
5. What is something new you would like to learn?
|photo from http://www.yoloboard.com/|
6. What is something about you that we would be surprised to learn?
I am an introvert and am often more comfortable "public speaking" in front of hundreds rather than simply "being" in a group setting. I actually feel anxiety in a group in which I do not have a "job." And although it may take some time for me to form a deep bond with another person, when that happens I am a very loyal friend.
7. If you found $100 bill, (lucky you!) what would you buy?
These or these or these
or this ~ which is what I really need.
Here are the 7 bloggers I picked. If you are not "into" this, no worries!
Here are your 7 new questions:
1. Not counting attending church, what is your favorite activity that you consistently do on Sundays?
2. At what age or season in your life do you feel you looked your best?
3. Would you rather win a personal makeover/shopping spree with an image consultant, a one room makeover/shopping spree with an interior designer, or a personal chef who would cater a fabulous meal for a party at your home?
4. If a movie were made of your life, which actors would portray you and your husband?
5. If you had the power to choose one of these, which would it be?
I would be taller.
I would never go gray.
I would always look younger than my age.
6. Which of these positive first impressions would you prefer to make?
7. Pie or Cake?