I'm blogging at www.melaniedorsey.com . Please join me there.

May 30, 2009

Easy Peasy & Cheesy "Lasagne"




For more "tasties" click on the Tasty Tuesday button. >

Easy Peasy & Cheesy!




If you're a fan of lasagne, you'll love this easy peasy alternative to a lasagne-like dish.

~~~~~~~

1 lb ground beef
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
grated cheese
egg noodles
sour cream
green onion


Brown ground beef, adding onion if desired, season with S & P - drain
Add pasta sauce to meat.
Boil egg noodles per directions and drain.
Stir in 1/4 cup sour cream...more or less and 2-3 "stalks"diced green onions to drained noodles
1st layer - noodles w/sour cream and onion in a 9 x 13 pan.
2nd layer - meat sauce
3rd layer - grated cheese (mozzarella, Italian blend, whatever you have...)

Bake @350 until bubbly on top.
Even better the 2nd day!

11 comments:

  1. It does sound easy and cheese covers a multitude of ingredients left out of my standard lasagne recipe. Thanks, hope all is well. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound easy and cheese covers a multitude of ingredients left out of my standard lasagne recipe. Thanks, hope all is well. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie you won! Can you believe! Mountain Man called out the number from the pool! So it's your lucky Lands' End Cooler Tote day!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love easy, this will me on my menu very soon! Thanks for sharing it! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mel,
    This sounds great. Never would have thought of using egg noodles! Isn't it funny how casseroles and single dish meals always taste better on day two? I've been cooking up a storm this past week. Made Mama's Chicken and Yellow Rice tonight for dinner for the family and a Coconut Cream Pie on Saturday! I am trying to perfect the pie. It's the second one I've made in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thrilled to have this recipe. My grandchildren will love this. Thank you Melanie for sharing it. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easy peasy always gets my attention. I make someting similar using the twist trio noodles. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for your win!!! and this is the first time i have ever seen Sour Cream used in lasagne...

    ReplyDelete
  9. would it be gross if i said i wanted to just lick that cheese off? man this looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This does look good. Thanks for sharing a simple, easy recipe. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love easy peasy.
    Thanks Melanie. :)

    ReplyDelete