I'm blogging at www.melaniedorsey.com . Please join me there.

Mar 31, 2009


It's spring break and I'm keeping it simple!
Last night we had a simple supper of chicken tenders (Tyson from Sam's Club) tossed salad, biscuits (Pillsbury), and green beans sauteed with whole wheat orzo (Bella~Mella). It was simple yet tasty. But what made it even more enjoyable for me was using pretty serving pieces. The salad bowl is from Pier 1, but I got it for $2 at a thrift store last year! The Flamingo platter is fun with the perfect spot for honey mustard.

Tonight I am serving another simple supper: Crockpot potato soup and toasted cheese wedges. Even though it is in the 80's here, we like soup any time of the year.

Word Walk

The boys asked if I would take them to a local park today. As they tested their fitness in the fit circuit area of the park, I ran a little and walked a little. I had my mind on developing a new teaching topic. Knowing I had a little Gideon Bible in my van, I stopped and picked it up just to double check the wording on Philippians 4:8. As I continued my route of running/walking I memorized, "Finally brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy~ meditate on these things."

My learning style is visual but I find it easier to concentrate when I am walking/running. So that would be a combination of visual/kinesthetic.
Do you know how you learn best? Are you a visual, auditory, tactile or kinesthetic learner?
Do you know how you can use this to your advantage?

7 comments:

  1. Do you have any good "tests" for learning styles? It has been years since I took one, and I was fairly average with all of them. I guess I could just say, "well rounded"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm primarily auditory and kinisthetic. I have studied the learning styles but never found a good test either. I studied it in the context of using it to communicate more effectively with others. I should pay more attention to utilizing it daily. Good food for thought after a fun presentation of your family dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok i learn best by reading...and to memorize if i can't get it on the first reading i write it twice..it usually works...

    i do not learn well if someone is speaking/teaching orally though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soup sounds so good, Melanie. We're soup people as well, all year long.

    I "think" best when I'm moving, like you. I really don't like sitting still for long. Long car rides are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie! Yes, we were in Sharon's group together. It's great to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading this Sis. Dinner looked good and I'm hungry right now so I tried to dip in but the computer screen is in the way!! :)

    As for your statement:
    "My learning style is visual but I find it easier to concentrate when I am walking/running. So that would be a combination of visual/kinesthetic."

    That is me entirely. I guess we're very similiar.

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your simple dinner pic. I'm all about simple and I mean really simple...I'm not a cook. Creative, yes. Cook, no..

    And I'm not sure what my learning style is. I learn best when someone shows me. Whatever that means.

    This is a cute visual for me. You walking with the orange pocket Bible.

    ReplyDelete