I'm blogging at www.melaniedorsey.com . Please join me there.

Jan 7, 2011

My Household

My Household  
1st quarter goals 
Declutter & Organize rooms/areas (general)
Monthly household focus ~ Jan. - kitchen (specific and already started)
Meal planning 4 days/week (currently working on a What's for Dinner planner)

That's it, folks. I've listed my 1st quarter goals for My Body, My Spirit, My Creativity and My Household.  

So far the 1st quarter goals for My Body have not started well. I either have a bad cold or a not so bad flu. Either way, I feel like I am underwater. The only My Body goal I have achieved this week is I ran 3+ miles on two days. C'est la vie.

My Creativity ~ I have started the research/rough draft phase of a type of Bible study though it is more a motivational tool for moms who run. I hope to finish this soon. If I work diligently on it every day and do not lose my focus, I will get 'er done.
The goal of vlogging may prove to be my biggest challenge. I really enjoy seeing the video blogs that so many bloggers post. 
My roadblock is that while I am quite comfortable speaking in front of a group, even a large group, I feel awkward speaking to a camera. I admire those of you who do it so well (Elaine ~ peace for the journey; Barbara ~ B His Girl).
My Spirit ~ I'm on track with memorizing 2 Scripture passages/month (Hey, it's only month one!)
I am so enjoying following the YouVersion "Essential Jesus" Bible reading plan.

Now, can I be real honest here? I love to think up things to accomplish. 
Accomplishment is a great feeling for me. The problem is sometimes I accomplish things in my head and they never get done in real life. Like...for real! I can begin and end a project all in my own mind. Weird, huh.

What I have shared with you these past few posts are GOALS and are all things that are important to me to accomplish and I really hope I don't lose focus, steam, motivation, desire, etc.

But my MISSION for 2011 is this:

"TO KNOW JESUS MORE AND BETTER"

7 comments:

  1. I have one thing in particular I'd like to accomplish this year, but I'm scared to get started. Maybe scared isn't the right word, but challenged to get started. It will require a lot of me; perhaps once I get on the other side of chemo and my brain clears. Oh, I guess there is that second thing about getting my body back on track.

    I am goal driven as well, but I have a hard time getting started! Oh, just do some vlogs... we don't care how polished you are; we just like to hear your voice! Blessings for a beautiful weekend.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your goals... they are all good, but I like your mission the best! "To know Jesus more & better"... I would join you in that one, and it's my prayer for me as well.

    I'm not a runner, but I am a walker, and healthy eating this year is another goal for me. Remodeling the kitchen is already starting, and re-doing the Bibel study I did last year is another. This time I'm just going through the workbook on my own. (Beth Moore, Priscilla Shirer & Kay Arthur)I got so much from that study.

    So, Happy 2011 and onward and forward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, sweet friend! :) Sounds like you have a great plan! I'm so sorry to hear that you are sick! I hope you get better real soon!

    Happy weekend!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can SO relate to this sentence: I can begin and end a project all in my own mind. SO CAN I! I have this dangerous ability to actually feel like I've worked out by just watching a DVD, like I've cooked a full meal after just watching a cooking show, etc...

    Goals are good - they give us something to work toward. But it's good you aren't locking yourself in.

    Hope you feel better soon. Sorry you've been sick.

    Much love~
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good "head" accomplishment too. Would love to hear more about your study for runners! So many biblical references about running and endurance:)

    Looking forward to hearing more about your goals in 2011!

    ReplyDelete