I'm blogging at www.melaniedorsey.com . Please join me there.

Nov 8, 2010

Double Duty Dinner

TastyTuesday200pix Welcome to my new home   Tasty Tuesday
http://www.beautyandbedlam.com/

Sunday's crockpot chipotle roast is Monday's shredded beef enchiladas.

Shredded Beef Enchiladas with refried beans and cilantro/lime rice
My favorite roast recipe is found here: http://www.thebellamella.com/2009/03/saturday-stirrings-my-favorite-roast.html?spref=fb
I like the smokiness that comes from the chipotle peppers.

For Monday's dinner, I shredded the leftover roast and reheated it with some of it's reserved juices and 1/3 can of green enchilada sauce. After "frying" the corn tortillas, I put a line of shredded roast and green sauce down the center and rolled the tortillas. Lay them in a baking dish in which you have added enough green sauce to cover the bottom. After arranging all of the tortillas in the dish, top with the remaining green sauce and shredded cheese. Bake @ 350* until cheese melts and bubbles.
Ingredient list:
Shredded roast
Corn tortillas lightly "fried" in oil to soften them up for rolling; You don't want these crisp, just softened up.
A can of green chile enchilada sauce
Cheese ~ I used monterey jack and cheddar
Refried beans
Salsa ~ Serve over beans or rice or on the side. I enjoy fresh salsa the best.
Rice (When rice is cooked, toss with lime juice and cilantro to taste.)
Lime
Cilantro
Tortilla chips
Your favorite toppings ~ mine are onion, onion and more onion

6 comments:

  1. Love your new look, here! I haven't been by in a while. A little crazy in my world!
    Blessings and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like something my family would devour. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that looks so good, Melanie. I love Mexican food. Thanks for sharing ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! Looks and sounds yummy! I love to try new recipes, intstead of serving the same ol'-same ol'

    ReplyDelete