I'm blogging at www.melaniedorsey.com . Please join me there.

Sep 26, 2010

Team Andrew and Miles For Hope

Saturday, 9/25, Team Andrew ran and biked in Miles For Hope...Moving Towards a Cure for Brain Tumors

Team Andrew shirts
Back of shirt with Andrew's Message
More pictures on See My Mom Run!

One Fine Man was unable to participate in Miles For Hope. He had surgery on his leg Friday. You may remember he had a ski accident on Jan. 1, 2009, in which he had a compound tib/fib fracture with skin grafts. Hopefully with the removal of the rod and pins, he will be able to run again.
2009 was a very rough year for us.
Sometimes "Life is hard. Always Look to Jesus."

We were blessed to have special family friends run and bike on Team Andrew.

10 comments:

  1. Last year in October my husband was battling a brain tumor...posts like this give me hope and inspiration! Thank you for being strong and continuing the battle. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is so incredibly inspiring! You are living proof of how God can turn a curse into a blessing! Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew is impacting many lives even now through the ministry God has given to you Melanie! I'm sure Andrew would be smiling from heaven. You are an inspiration to me.

    Love you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great message you are sharing....You look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud of you and your family.....Big Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This morning, at the intersection in our city, they were collecting for cancer awareness. I put my $ in and she asked what name... I said Melanie (in honor of Andrew), and Elaine. This precious young woman said we will pray for her! I just had you on my mind when I saw her... keep running!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the team Andrew shirts and the message is clear. What an awesome way to honor Andrew and help someone else in the process. I pray Dan has a speedy healing so he can catch up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope/pray that Danny heals quickly. As I said on facebook, the shirts are awesome. (And I don't use that word very much.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2009 was your "Job" year. And I am praying that as in Job 42:12, God blessed the latter part of your life much more than the first. Go Team Andrew!

    Hope your Fine Man has a fast recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your precious family is such an inspiration to me sis, love you.

    ReplyDelete