I'm blogging at www.melaniedorsey.com . Please join me there.

Oct 20, 2008

MONDAY MAGNIFICAT - Shake it Off


Ever have to tell yourself to "shake it off"? When you feel you've fallen short, disappointed, or not given your best, it is tempting to dwell on your shortcomings--especially when you know you could have done better. I used to be my own worst critic when I found myself coming up short. But through prayer, insight and learning to be my own best friend rather than my own worst enemy, I can now "gimme a break" and, to use another cliche, "shake it off."

So rather than getting bogged down and distracted from the next opportunity to get it right, I say with Paul, "Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward--to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back" (Philippians 3:12-14 The Message).


My Monday Magnificat? I praise God that I can shake it off, keep on running and not turn back!

MAGNIFICAT - an utterance of praise from the Latin magnificare - to magnify

No comments:

Post a Comment